The growing popularity of faux-leather and cruelty-free materials has prompted manufacturers to broaden their design palette, incorporating materials and design techniques based on ethical labor standards and ecologically sustainable sourcing.
By demonstrating that vegan shoes can be both trendy and cheap, manufacturers such as adidas, Veja, and Saye are moving us one step closer to a healthier, kinder, greener earth.
Here are some of the best vegan platform sneakers that you can buy today!
10 Best Vegan Platform Sneakers To Buy Today
OUR TOP PICK
SeaVees has a wide range of vegan designs, including these platform lace-up shoes with charming graphics like strawberries or planet Earth.
These fantastic shoes are based off of the the casual sneakers worn during the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, but have been pushed up a notch with a little more height.
They include an exclusive cooling system which allows for great breathability with the use of perforations and channels that cool airflow and provide extra comfort.
The cotton canvas used on these shoes is also ethically sourced as it is recycled. The plastic laces are also recycled.
- Ethically Sourced – As well as being vegan, the cotton canvas and the plastic laces are recycled.
- Breathable – Channels and perforations allow for the shoe to let in cool air and let out warm air.
- Design Options – There are just eight design options to choose from.
These Adidas platform shoes are an enhanced spin on the traditional Superstar sneaker—and they should be in your collection as soon as possible.
They’re perfect for everyday wear and come in four different colors. These sneakers include at least 50% recycled materials.
If you’re prone to dropping things or work in a little risky setting with equipment, you’ll be glad to know that these shoes include a shell to protect your toes.
The high outsole is further distinguished by double-layered foxing tape, which emphasizes the proportions.
Embroidered 3-Stripes provide a luxury touch to the design, giving them the ideal blend of high and low, and the right shoe for any occasion.
- Shell Toe – You do not have to wear a heavy pair of boots in order to feel protected.
- Recycled Materials – These shoes are made of at least 50% recycled materials.
- Price – These are another pair of shoes that will cost you over $100
The cotton upper rests on top of a 1.5-inch platform, which finds an excellent balance between being tall enough to be conspicuous yet not too tall for comfortable walking.
The shoes are available in a variety of hues, including white, sage, and navy blue, to complement your clothing.
Some users claim the shoes are stiff when new and may require some patience to break in, but once broken in, reviews say they are incredibly comfy, though a little hefty.
- Affordable – These shoes will cost you $80 which is cheaper than many other vegan platform sneakers on the market.
- Color Options – There are an impressive 42 color combinations to choose from.
- Stiff to Begin With – You may find that you need to break these shoes in before they are fully comfortable.
These platform sneakers are a glamorous take on casual footwear, with a 2-inch platform and a very sparkling glitter pattern.
The shoes are available in a few metallic versions, as well as some studded with sparkling stars, in addition to the three glitter designs (rose gold, silver, and rainbow).
For those who aren’t like the shimmering aesthetic, the shoe is also available in fake suede and false animal print.
The vegan leather sneakers include a rubber sole and a cushioned footbed.
The white sneakers, which were responsibly made in Portugal, with an eye-catching orange heel detail that is a fashionable addition.
The shoes’ limited branding allowed them to match practically every item in our closet, including both casual and formal attire.
The breathable material is made from a vegan eco-microfiber top with a matte finish that holds the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 class 1 mark, signifying that it has passed the strictest tests to be recognized as environmentally safe and devoid of dangerous substances.
- Eco-friendly – Materials used in these shoes are vegan eco-microfiber that are free of harmful agents.
- Versatile – You can dress these shoes up or down to go with whatever outfit you want.
- Expensive – Expect to pay $168 for these shoes.
This British brand’s shoes, worn by celebrities such as Mila Kunis and Gwyneth Paltrow, are manufactured with a focus on animal conservation in mind: 10% of revenues from each pair sold online are donated to a number of wildlife organisations.
The firm is also committed to employing recycled and creative materials in its shoes, and it considers every detail, from repurposed brass in the eyelets to bamboo in the inner.
- Supports Charities – 10% of profits are donated to wildlife charities.
- Unisex – These shoes are designed to be worn by any gender.
- Durable – The materials that they are made from may make them less durable over time.
These platform shoes, available in white, glossy black, or silver, resemble a running shoe but have a 2-inch platform.
The chunky shoes are constructed of vegan leather that is yet breathable, and they include a cushioned footbed for comfort and a synthetic sole with tread for better balance.
Best of all, they’re not just the ideal athletic touch to any ensemble, but they’re also under $40, making them a fantastic steal.
- Affordable – These shoes only cost $34 on Amazon.
- Arch Support – Your foot is cushioned and fully supported.
- Limited Color Options – Six options may not be enough for some people.
Nae stands for “no animal exploitation,” so you can be certain that no animals were hurt in the production of its high-quality Portuguese footwear.
The shoes are made in accredited facilities using natural and recycled materials such as cork, pineapple leaf fibers, airbags, and plastic bottles.
Not only is the Edda made of vegan leather, but it’s also lined with 100% recyclable OEKO-TEX Certified microfibre.
- Use Recycled Materials – Cork, airbags, and plastic bottles are recycled in these shoes.
- OEKO-TEX Certified Microfiber – This means that there are no harmful substances in the material.
- Limited Color Options – You can only choose from white or beige.
Balenciaga understands how to create the right paradoxes, in this case by fusing a classic aesthetic with avant-garde designs and fusing cross-sport forms like basketball and football.
This is evident in the Track-Panelled Faux Leather Sneakers, which are a cross between running shoes’ soft mesh and hiking boots’ layered construction.
They’re made of fake leather layers that wrap breathable mesh with reflective branding and sit on a thick tread sole.
- Breathable – The mesh used in these shoes allow your feet to breathe as you move.
- Functional – These shoes are suitable as both running sneakers and hiking boots.
- Expensive – Balenciaga is a high-end brand which leaves the shoes costing more than $1000
Puma provides a shoe for you if you like chunky footwear.
The Rider silhouette, which began as jogging trainers, has been a member of the Puma family since the early ’80s, winning accolades for its comfort and color-infused design.
The Mile Rider, on the other hand, takes the greatest aspects of these shoes and reimagines them in a more minimalist style.
The colors are more muted in this incarnation, the topstitching is more modern, and the materials are 100% vegan.
- Unique Design – The design of these shoes are unique to Puma, especially the silhouette.
- Comfortable – Their unique design plays a big part in them being so comfortable.
- Outfit Versatility – Since these shoes make such a statement, they may not go with every outfit.
The material in which vegan platform sneakers are made vary. Some of them are made of leather, whilst others are made of canvas.
You should check whether these materials are vegan.
If the shoes are vegan, then there is also a big chance that they are made from at least 50% recycled materials and do not use chemicals that are both harmful to the environment or to you.
Look for how the material platform sneakers are made depending on how and when you want to use them; some materials, such as leather, should have more stretch and accommodate your feet, whilst others may be stiffer and more fitting.
Remember that the most crucial aspect of a shoe is that it fits and is comfortable.
Depending on the situation, platform sneakers may be worn all day or all night.
If you want a pair that can last you from work to a night out, you should invest in a multipurpose yet robust pair.
However, if you’re looking for a pair for a special occasion, such as brunch, a date, or simply running errands, you’ll want to select a pair that matches the sort of appearance you’re aiming for, which might lean more trend-forward vs classic.
There is a good chance that a pair of ethically sourced vegan platform sneakers will cost more than ones that are not. This is due to multiple factors.
Vegan shoes can be hand-made which obviously takes a lot more time and effort than it does to mass produce them in a factory – therefore costing more due to fair pay when it comes to labor.
Furthermore, vegan shoes are produced using novel materials that are typically plant-based and hence more expensive.
Vegan businesses typically seek for creative natural resources with the least environmental effect.
Creating sustainable and carbon-neutral plant-based products can be costly.
These are just a few of the different factors that impact the price of vegan shoes.
Having said this, some vegan shoes can cost as low as $30 whilst others can cost over $1000.
Even though vegan shoes tend to be more expensive, this should not stop you from making that jump and supporting an ethical, eco-friendly cause.
Not only will you be keeping animals and the world safe, but you will also be rocking a new pair of platform sneakers.